Executive Leadership Team
Karla Dross, Interim Executive Director/Finance and Operations Director
Karla Dross has more than 25 years of experience leading the finance and administrative functions in nonprofit organizations.
Most recently, she worked as a Chief Financial Officer for CliftonLarsonAllen-Business Operations team working with several nonprofits. She has served as Chief Financial Officers at the Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI) and the Center for Victims of Torture. Dross has also worked at College Possible as its first Director of Finance and Operations, and at the Neighborhood Health Care Network. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration from Wichita State University and a master’s degree in Public Affairs from the University of Minnesota.
Christina Heineken Woodlee, MPA, Associate Director
Christina has more than 15 years of experience in nonprofit administration and development. She has developed nationally recognized donor engagement programs for United Way, including Arise Project and Emerging Leaders. Most recently, Christina was the Director of Donor Relations at Perspectives Inc., where she introduced an audience segmentation and donor acquisition strategy focused corporate women and millennials.
Christina holds a Masters in Public Administration from the University of New Mexico. She and her family live in the Twin Cities metro area.
Angela Alvarez, Human Resources Director
Angela Alvarez graduated with a BA in psychology from Minnesota State University at Mankato and an M.A. in counseling and psychological practices from St. Mary’s University in Minneapolis. She started as a Youth & Family Counselor intern in the fall of 2011, before joining the staff full time in the Emergency Shelter Program. With a passion for organization, policies and supporting BFY staff, Angela made the transition from direct staff to administration staff when the HR Coordinator position opened up. Angela was promoted quickly to HR Manager and then to HR Director where she oversees the daily HR functions for staff, interns and volunteers. Angela enjoys reading, writing, traveling, the outdoors, being a sports fan and spending time with friends and family.
The Bridge for Youth’s Board of Directors
- Kristine Oberg, Board Chair; Elavon Inc., Vice President of Strategic Planning
- James R. Denniston, Board Vice Chair/Governance Committee Chair; Xcel Energy, Assistant General Counsel
- Bob Striker, Board Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair; Stinson LLP
- Michelle Richardson, Board Secretary; Science Museum of Minnesota, Program Operations Manager
- Amy Asche, Development Committee Chair; UPS, Director of Sales
- Charles Bolger, Bolger Vision Beyond Print, Executive Officer- Retired
- Camille Bryant, Hennepin County, Assistant Public Defender
- Dan DuHamel, Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies, Program Officer
- Jason Hertel, Thrivent Financial, Director, IT Digital Workforce
- Inspector Amelia Huffman, Minneapolis Police Department, 5th Precinct Commander
- Sharon Hughes, Ameriprise Financial, Senior Vice President Internal Communications
- Cheniqua Johnson, Hennepin County, District Outreach & Scheduler for Commissioner Conley
- Geoffrey Jones, Minneapolis College, Director of Marketing & Communications
- Michael Lehan, Osseo Senior High School, Principal
- Anne Rasmussen, Temple Israel, COO/CFO
- Sarah Sanchez, American Heart Association, Director of Community Advocacy
- Gloria Stamps-Smith, Hennepin County, Assistant Hennepin County Attorney